Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wedding rings

I bought J a Tungstun and carbon fiber wedding ring. Unfortunately it breaks his hand out. We just realized that was what was causing his rash right before he left. We always blamed it on other stuff, the chemicals at work, change in soap when he went to BCT, etc.

Before he left we went to WalMart and bought just a cheap gold band. I promised him that when he got back we would find him another wedding ring. I had been looking while he was gone, but didn't find anything I thought he would like.

While he was home for R&R we were just browsing and found a ring he really liked. Funny that is how we found my new ring as well, we weren't planning on buying me a ring till after he got home. Anyways just like mine it was on clearance and he really liked it so we felt it was meant to be his.

Because he has small fingers, of course it had to be sized. They called the other day and said it was in. I went today to pick it and it just hit me. The emotional wackjob that I keep hidden reared its ugly head. It was all I could do to make it to my car before I started to cry.

Why is it I do so well, then somehing just makes me bonkers? Maybe its the fact that I haven't heard from him since he left. Maybe its the fact that I haven't really allowed myself to be emotionally over him leaving again. Maybe its the fact that the first BCT from Ft Campbell to leave last year is starting to come home which means he will be home soon (ok a few months)

No comments:

Post a Comment