Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reflecting on 2010

2010 was a hard year. I moved away from my hometown, sent J off on a deployment, and found out that having a baby wasn't going to be as easy as it is for some. Through all the bad, I do have to say that I am truely blessed. I have an awesome family, terrific friends, and a man that loves the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to me.

Moving away for the first time was hard. It was an experience I am glad I am able to do. I only wish it was to some place that I had never been to before. If J stays in I hope that his next enlistment we PCS to somewhere that we would not have been able to go to otherwise.

The months leading up to J's deployment were crazy, with his training, trying to get everything together, seeing the people he needed to see, and make the most out of the time we had there wasn't alot of time for anything else. It didn't clearly hit me until we were packing his bags that this was really happening.

Putting J on that bus had to have been the hardest thing I have ever done. I stood there with so much pride in what he was doing, but my heart was breaking at the same time. I didn't know how I was going to make it through the next year with him gone.

2 weeks after he left I found out about the fertility issues that I have. Needless to say I was still emotional about him leaving and then to get hit with this. That was hard and I hated J for not being here .

I spent a lot of July and August traveling. I went to my Grandpa's in July to spend time with the family. Unfortunately I tore the ligaments in my ankle halfway through this vacation. I went to Alaska to visit some friend after that. It was an amazing experience. I wish I could have stayed longer and not been on crutches. I hope one day J and I can go back to explore.

Then not a lot happened until December, I started back working in October, but other than that it was just the normal day to day activities. J tried his best to make it home for my birthday. He made it 3 days late. It was the best 15 days I had in 6 months.

Can't believe it is already 2011. We are more than halfway through our first deployment. He will be home in the spring, unfortunately we won't have much time before we start gearing up for deployment #2. We are going to work on having a baby, even if we have to look into other means of having one. It is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment