Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Overwhelmed

The countdown to days until J comes home is down to 1 hand (I can say this because it has been officially announced the date and time of his flight). I was trying to get boxes packed so that once we are able to move our stuff it will go smoothly. Probably not if what this little moving adventure has been so far. All I could do was sit there and cry.

I cried because I do not like the area we are moving to. It is the buttcrack of America. The only good part about it is that it is close enough to home that we can come home for weekends. I have a couple of good friends there, but this is definitely not the place I would like to lay down my roots. The only positive is that J will be there with me.

I cried because I feel like a failure. I had every good intention of having our place unpacked and it feel like home by the time J walked through the door. That is not going to happen. Instead of coming home and being able to climb into our bed, J will be climbing onto an air mattress. Instead of sitting on our comfortable couch or lounge around on our chaise, J will be sitting his butt on a futon. I failed to have a home for J to come home to, now it is just a townhouse with a few boxes and not very homey.

I cried because there is so much going on in my family. I feel like I am running when the going gets tough. I guess I will have to be a shoulder to cry on from a far.

I cried because there is so much to do and so little time to do it. You would think that I had 10 months to prepare for this move, that I would be ready and now I am down to days and don't know where to begin.

I guess this is just one of the many joys of being an Army wife. Time for me to pull my big girl panties up and handle business.

No comments:

Post a Comment