Friday, March 11, 2011

Lesson learned

Today was the redeployment brief. YAY!!!!! We are this close to being done. After the brief I was going to go look at places to live. Yay that didn't work so well.

I go to the rental place and the lady asks to see my POA (power of attorney). I pull it out and hand it to her for her to notice that it is for government quarter only. WE DON'T WANT GOVERNMENT QUARTERS! I am sure the rental lady thought I was a real whack job all I could do was cry when she told me that wasn't the right POA. Then to beat it all my general POA (which would have worked) expired on Jan 1.

I am not sure who I am the maddest at.
1. The JAG officer for giving us the wrong POA, but then again maybe he wasn't told we needed a POA fr civilian housing
2.J for not getting a POA for civilian housing instead of government quarter. He is the one that is adament on living off post.
3. Me for not looking over the POA and making sure it was the one I needed before he left.

I guess the lesson I learned is double and triple check the POAs before he leaves next time. Because now unless some miracle happens and I can find a place that will take a copy and not an original we will be staying in a hotel when he first gets home, because I can't get anything in my name since I don't have a job in the area I am needing to rent in.

No comments:

Post a Comment