Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Homecoming

Saturday evening J came home. It was the best feeling in the world. I didn't actually see him walk off the plane, but seeing him walk up the flight line, then watching them march into the hangar was amazing. I am crying just thinking about it. We were able to spend 15 minutes together before they had to go turn in their weapons and SI. After a couple hours he was able to come home. I use the term home loosely, yes it is now his home, but it is not set up and everything is not moved in yet.

The transition of him now being home has went fairly smoothly. We were looking for a washer and dryer and he decided he needed to tuck in his shirt, so while we are standing in the middle of the store he undoes his pants and starts tucking in his shirt. I was mortified, but he was like I have been around nothing but men for 10 months.

Once we get everything moved in and get settled in I think we will be able to get back to a more normal way of life.

2 comments: