Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just need to vent!

My nephew had a puppet competetion today. He did exceptionally well and his group won 1st place in their division. Yay!!! I am so proud of him.

Me and J went to watch and let me tell you the stuff leding up to the puppet part was boring. My nephew had trouble sitting still, but hey so did I. I can't blame the poor little guy.

All the other kids in his group seemed to have had a portable game system of some sort. His aunt from the other side of his family doesn't allow that sort of stuff. Well J pulled out his phone because he has games on it. Nephew sat there very quietly playing the game. I heard that if his father (my brother) wants him to behave badly and have bad habits that will have to be when he is with him. Umm he is sitting there quietly with the game. Without the game is his fidgeting, talking, and just being a bored little boy.

During intermission, the other aunt jumped all over my nephew because he is not to be playing games he is to be paying attention. I totally get that he needs to learn to sit quietly through boring stuff, but he is 7. His attention span is about the size of a pin prick. 3 hours is a long time to expect him to sit there and be good all the while everyone else has something to do.

Me and J had to leave shortly there after for fear that a scene would be caused. After we left I called my brother and he was not surprised. I told him that she might need to be reminded that she is not in charge and she is no better than me. We are both this boy's aunt and if I can get him to behave and she can't then she should be happy. I am not going to have her dictate how I treat my nephew and if he is behaving in a situation like that, then that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment