Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornados

The southeast has been hit hard with tornados. I think I read somewhere that there were something like 148 reported tornados. Unfortunetly my hometown suffered from those tornados. Last I had heard 7 dead, hundreds injured, and hundreds homeless.

I am very thankful that my family is alright. Unfortunetly a girl I went to school with lost her father. Another friend lost a friend. And I can't even begin to list the friends that's family has had damage to their homes.

I have sat here almost all day watching facebook, listening to the live feed of the 911 scanner for Greene County, and calling friends and checking on them. My heart just breaks everytime I hear something else bad or see another devastating picture.

I feel like I should be on my way home to help. But what can I do? I don't own a chainsaw so I can't help with the downed trees. I don't know the first thing about home repairs so can't help there. I feel so helpless, like there is something that I should be doing, besides sitting here crying. So I have been doing the only thing I know how to do at this point in time. And that is PRAY.

I have prayed for the families. I have prayed for the rescue workers out there searching for the missing and recovering the deceased. That must be hard. I pray for the Drs and nurses at the hospitals. I pray that these people that have been devastated and nowhere to live have insurance that will help them rebuild, because of course this had to happen in one of the poorer sections of the county.

If the tornados were not bad enough, there are now people that are coming into the devastated areas and stealing what is still good. How can these people do this? Do they have no conscense? I truely hope that these scumbags rot in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment