Monday, April 25, 2011

Just Married

For the first time in over 2 years I feel like I am married. This is the first time that we don't have training or a deployment looming over our heads. I am just as happy now as I was the day we got married.

After the wedding it was a feeling of dread because I knew we only had a few weeks to move and get ready for him to leave for BCT. We went 90 days with little communication. After the 90 days was AIT, we had better communication and I lived close enough that I could visit, but the visits were only once a month.

After AIT we got stationed here and had less than a month to gear up for JRTC. There went a month with zero communication. But we made it through.

After JRTC we had about 8 weeks before deployment. Deployment communication varied greatly. In the beginning there was a ton of communication, then it went to once every 10 days, down to a couple times a month at best.

We have no training scheduled in the near future, deployment is set for late 2012-early 2013. No commitments that will keep us away from each other for any length of time.

So it looks like for atleast the next year and a half its going to be a "normal" life. We go to work, well he goes to work until I find a job, come home and get up and do it all over again the next day. We have lived on hardly no communication for 2 years now. I hope we have things to talk about. I hope we still like each other as much as we did when we were just living together. Everyone says marriage changes things so I guess we will see.

But for now I am going to enjoy the "Just Married" feeling. I will worry about the old married couple later.

No comments:

Post a Comment