Thursday, June 30, 2011

Decisions

J came home today and said "We need to talk" Before he enlisted that translated to "I got laid off", since he has to do something REALLY bad to get kicked out of the Army I wasn't to worried about that.

He proceeds to tell me that he and his 1SGT were talking and we now have 1 week to decide if we want to PCS to Joint Base Lewis-McChord. This was on top of my wish list, but now that it could possibly be a reality, it scares the shit out of me. It is a move across the country, to an area neither of us know anything about far away from our families (ok that scares me more than J, but still). We do have friends that are stationed there so we wouldn't totally be alone.

We need to figure out what is best for us, so I am going to list my pros and cons list here.

Pros of Fort Campbell- close to hometown, already sort of established here,

Cons of Fort Campbell- deploying next summer, having problems finding a job

Pros of JBLM- never been before and there is a lot of places I want to explore, the Clarks are there, won't have to deploy the rest of this enlistment, it was on my wish list, better chance of getting pregnant since J won't have rotations for training at different posts

Cons of JBLM- on the other side of the country, not sure how the job market is

Those are all I can think of right now, I am sure there are more, but my mind has been so jumbled up that I can't think clearly right now. It looks like the pros of JBLM outweigh the cons and Fort Campbell, but we will just need to see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment