Sunday, June 12, 2011

1 year!!!!

I have had this blog for 1 year now. It is crazy to think of what all has happened in the past year. Its hard to believe how fast the year has gone by, and at this point last year I could not wait to get to where I am today.

1 year ago today, was the day before J left for his deployment. We had went to a B&B to spend our last night together. It was a great way to have one last chance to just be us before all the craziness of the deployment started.

Today the deployment is just a memory. We have a few months before we start gearing up for the next one. Tonight we are just hanging out at the house doing our regular thing. Acting like an old married couple, watching tv till it gets dark then off to bed.

1 year ago I did not know how in the hell I was going to make it through a deployment. For over 5 years I had J be my side even when he was in BCT and AIT, I still felt like J was by my side. What in the world was I going to do.

I found out how to make it through a deployment. One day at a time and when that is to hard one hour at a time. I guess the old saying is true: "You don't know how strong you are till being strong is your only option."

No comments:

Post a Comment