Saturday, June 4, 2011

J signed in today. Our vacation is officially over. We had a great time, saw some people we hadn't seen in a while, and made a few memories to last us a life time. I think this is what we both needed.

One of my highlights was taking my nephews M & N to Hooters. N wanted his picture taken with the waitress so bad so he asked her. I told him I was going to put it on FB he told me that he didn't want me to in case his other girlfriends saw it. We also took them to the dock and let them feed fish out of baby bottle.

We went to hospital and saw baby nephew B. He is doing so well. He has been moved to a regular room this weekend. My brother and SIL got to hold him for the first time since his surgery yesterday. That was a great mood lifter for everyone. We are going back tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands on the little guy.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Besides going to the hospital we are going to a benefit for the Sgt that was with J when he was involved in the IED blast. He unfortunately lost both of his legs below the knees. A business man in Nashville is helping them raise money so they can build a house to accommodate a double amputee. I think this is going to be a bittersweet experience for J. This will be the first time he has seen him since the incident. I hope they are able to raise enough money to help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment