Thursday, June 9, 2011

So Sunday we went to that benefit I talked about last time. We had a good time until J spilled his drink in his lap and got mad/embarrassed/whatever and insisted that we leave. I met a lot of guys from his unit. Since he was moved mid deployment I didn't know anyone in his unit until he got back. They all seem like a great group of men. I met a few spouses/fiances/girlfriends while I was there. They all seemed really nice to. I hope since we found out that J won't be going back to his old unit that I can get to know some of these ladies in the near future. The benefit raised a lot of money for the Sgt and his family. It was so inspiring to see this family. They had a tragedy and are making the best out of the situation. I hope we never have to go through anything like that, but if we do I hope we have half the strength that this family has shown.

Baby nephew is finally home. He got to go home yesterday. Everyone is so relieved that this chapter is over. We do know that there will be another surgery. The Dr said that it will usually happen when the child grows over 100 lbs so unless something happens this is still a few years off. I want to thank each and everyone of you that has said a prayer or sent well wishes during this time.

I can't remember is I said we got a dog. If I didn't we got a 1 1/2 yo chihuahua/ dachshund mix (chiweenie). Her name is Dixie and for the most part we couldn't ask for a better dog. She is truly a daddy's girl. When J is home she is at his heels anywhere he goes. If he goes to the bathroom she sits outside the door waiting. If he goes outside and she doesn't she will sit at the door and whine until he either lets her out with him or he comes back in. She is so good during the day that he is gone, but once he is home I don't exist anymore unless J is near me or I am cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment