Friday, June 18, 2010

What a Week!

So in the past week I have 1. put my husband on a bus to the land of the unknown we call deployment 2. packed up and cleaned our entire apartment and 3. moved back to my hometown and back into my old bedroom. To say that I have been an emotional wack job is an understatement. Not that I expected to, but I have not heard from J since the night he left. I have heard through the magnificent grapevine of the FRG that his group has made it safely to their destination.

Our last night together was spent at a B & B about an hour north of where we lived. Our room was called the Tree House and it was so nice. Even though there were other guests, we would have thought it was just us, which was exactly what we wanted. The innkeeper had found a baby deer on the side of the road and raised it so it was very tame. We petted her and she ate out of our hands. It was a memorable experience.

The day he left it was hotter than the boughs of hell and we had to sit outside for 3 hours. Needless to say not only was I upset he was leaving I was HOT and SWEATY. 2 things I hate to be, so I was miserable. I am just glad that I have become really good friends with J's buddy's wife. It is nice to have someone to lean on.

The next few days were filled with packing and cleaning and tying up loose ends so I could move. Having to do everything by yourself sucks. I am so not looking forward to having to move back there by myself before he gets back. But knowing that I am moving back to be with J again will make it worth it.

Yesterday my Dad, brother, and sister in law came and got my stuff. Brother and SIL left after we finished packing, but Dad stayed with me since my move out inspection was this morning. We went to the Fort Campbell Army Museum. It was really neat seeing everything that the 101st has done in all the wars since WWII. I am more proud to say that my husband is a part of the 101st now.

I got 1 mark against me in my move out inspection. I did not clean the blades to my ceiling fans. Come on are you kidding me!!!!! Oh well!!!

It will be so nice sleeping in my bed. So I am off to enjoy it, because I am physically, emotionally, and mentally drained and I have used muscles that have not been used in a while so not only am I exhausted, I am SORE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment