Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ready or Not

Everything is getting packed up and cleaned. Jason will leave and then a few days later my Dad, brother, and sister in law will be here to save the day and move me back to Greeneville. It seemed like this was so far away 1 1/2 weeks ago, but 1 1/2 weeks ago I was still in the fantasy that he did not leave till June. Well now June is here and the dreadful D word is looming overhead. Yep that is right our first deployment is about to smack us in the face.

I felt like I was doing ok handling all the emotions of my husband going to a war zone, that was until I sat here looking at half packed boxes and my cleaning list for the move out inspection and it just hit me that this was really happening. Its funny getting his official orders didn't bother me, going to predeployment briefs and FRG meetings where they talk about all the bad stuff that you really don't want to think about but have to prepare for didn't bother me as bad as looking at all the stuff I have to do so that I can get my deposit back. I mean where are my priorities. I guess listening to someone say "well if that happens then this will happen" or "this is who you need to contact if something comes up" I could still keep my fantasy going, but the move out check list is real.

The next few days are going to be filled with packing, cleaning, and spending as much quality time as possible with Jason, that is if the Army will ever release him to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment