Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Waterslide

I had every good intention on blogging everyday so that J could see it and feel like he knew what was happening here when we couldn't talk. The problem with that is my life is BORING!!!! It is really boring now that he isn't here. I can sit here for days and never leave the house and be content, he is the one that has to be on the go all the time.

Me, my brother, his wife, and his 2 boys went to Locust Springs today. They have a waterslide and it is really cheap to use it. It was fun and the boys had a great time. They did not want to leave. I would have enjoyed it more but the horse flies were horrendous. I was really surprised how nice the slide was, from the picture it looks like a giant trash bag spread down a hill. It wasn't anything spectacular, but if you got going you went really fast down the hill. Besides the bugs the worst part was having to walk back up the hill to slide down again. My nephew N did like havign to go down alone and he just want to play in the pool at the end of the slide so when I got tired of walking up the hill I sat at the edge and in between everyone sliding down he would get down and splash in it, then get back up when someone was ready to slide again.

J called again today. I could have talked to him for hours, but as my fellow military spouses know those phone calls can be expensive, so I will take me 2-3 minutes every few days and be happy until they get some internet access and we can skype. He could call and just say I love you and hang up and I would be happy.

My friends that live at Elmendorf AFB invited me to come up and see them and I was planning on purchasing my tickets today but guess what J's car that I am trying to sell has decided it does not want to start so it is at the shop and I am trying to figure out how much that is going to cost to fix. Hopefully not to much because I really want to go to Alaska and that will cut into the money I had saved for my plane tickets and trip. They leave AK next summer so this will probably be my only opportunity to go. I wish J could go with me so we could experience it together, but the Army had other plans for him for the next year.

1 comment: