Wednesday, July 7, 2010

J is having a rough few days. I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better. It is just so hard when he can't say everything that is going on. All I get is bits and pieces of what is going on. I understand the importantance of OPSEC and understand fully that he can't tell me stuff, but it would be so much easier to understand where he is coming from if I had the whole story and not just what he can tell me. We have been each other's rocks for so long that it is hard not having him here. I don't tell him everything either because he has enough going on that he doesn't need to be over there worried about what is happening here. Its like in a split second he went from being my best friend to just a friend. He will always be my best friend but we just can't talk about stuff like we can when he is home. For our wedding we were given a daily devotional for couples book. I think I am going to talk to him about trying to do it while he is over there. Maybe it will help lift both of our spirits and help us stay connected to each other. There are times that we really do not have stuff to talk about and this will help us have something to talk about. Since we are able to talk daily this might be a good thing. I'll have to figure out how it will work when/if there are days we can't talk. I have been wanting to do it since we got it, but didn't know how to do it with him being in gone so much, but this might be a good thing to do while he is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment