Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a week!!

I got home late last night from a week at my Grandpa's house. Started out like any other week up there. Go to put flowers on my Grandma's and my great Grandparents' graves, spending time with my family, eating my cousin's amazing Italian food and then BAM!!!! My week is shot to hell. My aunt took me and my two 10 year old cousins to Great America. We are having a great time riding roller coasters, its not to hot or to crowded. I get off one ride and I fall on some broken pavement. I ended up tearing the ligaments in my right ankle. The guys from Six Flags were nice enough to take me to the Naval hospital instead of a civilian hospital so that worked out great. But the rest of my week consisted of sitting with my leg up in the air and having to be waited on hand and foot. Now I know must people would think that would be wonderful, but honestly it is not. I am to independent to not be able to do simple tasks for myself. It is really embarrassing to be 28 and have to have your Mommy help you shower since I can't stand. I love my Mom and I know she loves me, but I have been showering by myself for years now. I go to my primary care dr on Tuesday. I am praying for good news, especially since I am leaving on Wednesday for 10 days in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment