Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vacation

Since the beginning of the month J has had leave. We have put almost 4000 miles on the car just visiting. J is finally acting more and more like his old self. It still comes and goes, but now when it comes it does stay longer and it is more frequent.

We started our vacation off by going to my Grandpa's in IL. There we just hung out and ate. While we were there we spent Mother's Day with my sister that I have not seen since our wedding. I also got to meet her husband for the first time. That sounds crazy since their son is graduating high school, but that is a long and complicated story.

From IL we then went to Myrtle Beach with an overnight stop at my parents. While in MB we stayed with J's buddy from AIT. He had just got home from a year in Korea. It was good to see J just relax. I think this was the first time that J was truly not on "high alert" since he got home.

From MB we went to his Grandparent's in Jacksonville, NC. I enjoyed my time there. We went crabbing, which is something I enjoy doing even though I can't eat the fruits of my labor, J loves crab and he says there is nothing better than catching crabs then going home to eat them.

From his Grandparent's we went to Greeneville. We will be here till sometime next week. My nephew is having open heart surgery tomorrow and we are here to help with my other 2 nephews. We haven't done anything spectacular here, but its nice just to veg out and relax.

From here we will go back to Fort Campbell and begin the next chapter of our lives since once the post deployment leave is over the chapter of our first deployment will be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment